Skip to main content

e9 Final

This project was to design a product, make a website, logo, banner ad, various animations of it, and make a commercial. We presented this to our e9 hour similar to a business pitch. We were doing this all of the 4th quarter in class so about 9 weeks. There we many challenges with this most notably the group setting. We all had to combat our ideas and work together. Another challenge towards the end was gathering everything together and making a website. As I reflect, I have learned communication to further strengthen my teamwork skills. As predicted, with our performance enhancer there was criticism such as our product being thought of as a steroid and it being sort of illegal to put a piece of technology inside of someone like that so we just tried to stay away from being compared to one. I was extremely excited to work on a project like this and had a great time.


Time Management

Our time was split up into 3. First, we came up with the idea. We were lucky to have our first rotation in graphic design to cover the basic color scheme and logos. The website is how I stayed productive during class. As a group, I truly wish we didn't get distracted easily because we could've gotten so much more done if we had been focused all the time. I took a lot of work home with me to just perfect it a little bit and give feedback to the rest of the group members on their work.

Website

Here's a dedicated portion of the post for the website because it's something I've never created before. It's designed/coded in JavaScript which is a language I'm familiar with but never have made a full website with it before. I normally use JavaScript to make Minecraft plugins but never websites so it was pretty cool. I couldn't figure out how to make a fixed heading but it's fine.








Strengths/Improvements 

I feel like I've really guided what went on in the project, kind of like a manager. Now, did I necessarily want to be the manager? Eh, not too much but at least we got everything done. I really can't imagine my group without me. 

I need to improve my teaching abilities. Yeah, I can take the mouse and do what they need help with but I can't actually teach it. 



Thingys




Summary

My main goal for this project was quality work/effort on my part, and I believe my goal was fulfilled. I loved making the commercial, however, if I were to go back and change stuff I would've spent way more time in the commercial. I don't know why but it feels like making the commercial went by way too fast and I didn't get to spend enough time on the end especially, I kind of just through the end together in 5 minutes. For next year, since I won't be in e-Comm, I have set a goal to study a lot more for French.


Farewell,
Micah Borghese



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Ball Projects

This project was to use Photoshop to make frame by frame animations with a red ball bouncing. To get used to the software, we just did one bounce in place. For the next one, we did a few bounces in an arch shape. We learned how to use several principals of animation in our projects such as staging by creating a grass-like environment and a realistic red ball, we used exaggeration by bringing emphasis when the ball hits the ground, and we used ease in and ease out in our last version with the ball leaving the scene in any way we wanted it to. Process It's a very simple project, and what's good is that we can do almost anything with cell animations using Photoshop. You have to be extremely aware of everything that's happening when making these type of animations, that I believe is something I'll get from experience and later be able to develop more complex animations along the way. How I Think It Is I definitely think my animation is more...

SketchUp House

The project was to use a real house plan and use SketchUp to create the house.  Original House Plan:  https://goo.gl/Ti4trZ What I Learned I've never used SketchUp before, however, I have used Roblox Studio which surprisingly is very similar. They each have the same tools and you are able to create anything. The difference with SketchUp is that it involves a lot more thinking. I spent an hour trying to figure out how to move something... so many steps. These are the textures I took from the internet:

Web Final Project

This project's goal was to create a website displaying our self promotional elevator pitch as well as two of our favorite projects. We followed several videos step by step, listening to 8 videos from Mr. Olson.  What I Learned / How I Did I learned the basics of Adobe Dreamweaver from the many videos, I also learned how to utilize the different headings and subheadings which I can use on many different softwares other than Dreamweaver. I believe my website is up to par with what is expected, maybe even more then what is expected.