The Project
This project displays the various typeface forms used by many fonts to resemble a letter or the "anatomy of a typeface." The goal is to use our names to create a guide displaying the terms that can be easily understood. The diagram also displays the heights of which the letters go to, all of them start at the baseline. Uppercases go to the cap height and most lower cases go to the x-height with the exception of letters with ascenders that extend past the x-height.
What I Learned
I learned that letters actually have meanings for their parts, I never thought about that. I also never thought about how useful serifs are in some circumstances.
The project went very well, it was very easy to pick the parts of the text, however, I took a really long time to find out how to make part of the letter a different color than the rest but once I figured it out the rest went smoothly.

Comments
Post a Comment