Skip to main content

Oz Poster (C.A.R.P)

This project was about taking a poster from a play (deconstructed) and putting it back together. I will analyze how my poster follows CARP procedures when making something great with graphic design.

C - Contrast
I used contrast in a few ways while making this poster. The color choice for the font is black and green, I made the green a little lighter to make it stand out better. I also put the text along the right side as white because that is a color easily able to stand out.

A - Alignment
The only things that are centered is "Wizard" and the text along the bottom. I put "The" on more of the left side and "Of Oz" on more of the right to match up with each other. Same with "Olathe Northwest..." at the top left and "7 PM..." on the right to match up.

R - Repetition
In the title, the coloring goes black, green, black, and green. The imagine of the cut outs match up with the yellow brick road color. And the two groups giving information matchup in color.

P - Proximity
I organize this poster into four groups. The first group being the text and the top and title text, then a group giving more important info about the show like time and date, and a group giving contact info, and lastly a group display all the unnecessary info for the audience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Ball Projects

This project was to use Photoshop to make frame by frame animations with a red ball bouncing. To get used to the software, we just did one bounce in place. For the next one, we did a few bounces in an arch shape. We learned how to use several principals of animation in our projects such as staging by creating a grass-like environment and a realistic red ball, we used exaggeration by bringing emphasis when the ball hits the ground, and we used ease in and ease out in our last version with the ball leaving the scene in any way we wanted it to. Process It's a very simple project, and what's good is that we can do almost anything with cell animations using Photoshop. You have to be extremely aware of everything that's happening when making these type of animations, that I believe is something I'll get from experience and later be able to develop more complex animations along the way. How I Think It Is I definitely think my animation is more...

SketchUp House

The project was to use a real house plan and use SketchUp to create the house.  Original House Plan:  https://goo.gl/Ti4trZ What I Learned I've never used SketchUp before, however, I have used Roblox Studio which surprisingly is very similar. They each have the same tools and you are able to create anything. The difference with SketchUp is that it involves a lot more thinking. I spent an hour trying to figure out how to move something... so many steps. These are the textures I took from the internet:

Web Final Project

This project's goal was to create a website displaying our self promotional elevator pitch as well as two of our favorite projects. We followed several videos step by step, listening to 8 videos from Mr. Olson.  What I Learned / How I Did I learned the basics of Adobe Dreamweaver from the many videos, I also learned how to utilize the different headings and subheadings which I can use on many different softwares other than Dreamweaver. I believe my website is up to par with what is expected, maybe even more then what is expected.