Skip to main content

Chase Scene

The brainstorming process was a little difficult for me because I like just thinking of one idea. Most of my ideas were very similar so I just conjoined all of them and expanded off of that. For it being October, I wanted it to have a lot of suspense. When collaborating with my group the idea of a zombie chase came up but we decided to hold off on it because of time constraints with principal photography and technology usage on top of limited resources. We all liked a horror/suspenseful theme, so we came up with an idea about a horrific situation that left people dead and the killer is still loose. We all agreed with that.


The location scouting process had to work out with our storyboard that required a pod with a staircase and railing. It was perfect for the 2300 pod, so we all agreed on it. What we didn't agree on was who was going to be what. I really wanted to be behind the camera the whole time but sadly that wouldn't be possible because nobody else wanted to be the killer. With that established, we also established a way of getting everyone involved. We each did four shots, however, me being very much a micro-manager, decided to do the first seven because they were short and simple. If were to redo this, I wouldn't do anything differently. If I could bring more equipment in I would because we did need more stable shots but they were as smooth as the equipment provided could give.

Editing on Premiere Pro is very cool, I love the functionality and just everything it has to offer. I've been using the software for a few years now so in 9 weeks I really didn't learn a whole lot BUT in my AB Sequence video, there was a meme I learned to make with the help of a YouTube video so that was fun. I will always continue to grow my skills with the software via the internet because that's where everything I need to know is.

I love working with people that have the same ambition, and I feel most students are like that and it was really enjoyable. Aspects of collaboration that worked well were giving feedback on shots, and something that didn't work well was having totally separate ideas from each other. It's okay to have not so similar ideas but to completely change the production in the middle of it isn't a productive plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Ball Projects

This project was to use Photoshop to make frame by frame animations with a red ball bouncing. To get used to the software, we just did one bounce in place. For the next one, we did a few bounces in an arch shape. We learned how to use several principals of animation in our projects such as staging by creating a grass-like environment and a realistic red ball, we used exaggeration by bringing emphasis when the ball hits the ground, and we used ease in and ease out in our last version with the ball leaving the scene in any way we wanted it to. Process It's a very simple project, and what's good is that we can do almost anything with cell animations using Photoshop. You have to be extremely aware of everything that's happening when making these type of animations, that I believe is something I'll get from experience and later be able to develop more complex animations along the way. How I Think It Is I definitely think my animation is more...

SketchUp House

The project was to use a real house plan and use SketchUp to create the house.  Original House Plan:  https://goo.gl/Ti4trZ What I Learned I've never used SketchUp before, however, I have used Roblox Studio which surprisingly is very similar. They each have the same tools and you are able to create anything. The difference with SketchUp is that it involves a lot more thinking. I spent an hour trying to figure out how to move something... so many steps. These are the textures I took from the internet:

Web Final Project

This project's goal was to create a website displaying our self promotional elevator pitch as well as two of our favorite projects. We followed several videos step by step, listening to 8 videos from Mr. Olson.  What I Learned / How I Did I learned the basics of Adobe Dreamweaver from the many videos, I also learned how to utilize the different headings and subheadings which I can use on many different softwares other than Dreamweaver. I believe my website is up to par with what is expected, maybe even more then what is expected.