The 6-shot system is a great way of making a scene more dynamic. It gives filmmakers options when they are out of ideas for shots, it can make a difference in turning a boring conversation scene into an adventure of tension building or mood switching. Film sequencing helps a lot with mood as well. Imagine being able to switch around shots and completely change the mood, or the feeling, of the scene. It is magical.
It was hard for my partner and me to come up with ideas we both liked at first but then after bouncing ideas off of each other, we decided to stick with a sort of ninja theme. With that in mind, it was pretty easy to make the storyboard. We decided to do really dramatic moving and sliding shots which was really hard considering that we were limited to a tripod but the shots, for the most part, turned out to be pretty okay for being handheld, so the hardest part for us would have to be getting all of our shots the way we wanted them.
During the editing process, we realized we didn't get enough to even make a one-minute video. I had to compromise. I combined my critical thinking and editing skills together and voilà! Why not add a 20-second meme to fill up the time gap? A perfect idea! I think it made the project more interesting and unique. Now obviously if this were a project being shown to professionals I probably wouldn't have added it but, I wanted it to at least be a minute.
My partner provided great input for everything we did in the filmmaking process, however, I do feel like we could've done way more than what we did. We could've displayed more of the storyline and took it slower. I will remember that for the next team activity.
Comments
Post a Comment