This team building experience involving the use of colors and symbolism allowed us to express something greater than what the drawing shows. To give you a visual, this is what we drew:
In essence, our banner/flag represents the ability to engage in teamwork as we look into what certain collaboration skills we need in order to succeed. The palm branches surrounding the animals represent victory, confirming that working together has its wonderful benefits.
Each animal also has their own meaning that we each chose apart from the video game controller that is being passed around which symbolizes a goal. I drew the corgi dog and hedgehog. I love animals and have a strong connection with them, the dog specifically symbolizes protection and a playful spirit which I can relate with. A corgi? Well, I just want one some day. The hedgehog symbolizes intuition, which is something I like to think I have.
Each animal also has their own meaning that we each chose apart from the video game controller that is being passed around which symbolizes a goal. I drew the corgi dog and hedgehog. I love animals and have a strong connection with them, the dog specifically symbolizes protection and a playful spirit which I can relate with. A corgi? Well, I just want one some day. The hedgehog symbolizes intuition, which is something I like to think I have.
![]() |
| The process of coming up with ideas to getting up and drawing it on the cement! |
It took awhile to come up with this design, but we eventually agreed on animals helping each other. We didn't really think of why but it was a good idea to start out with. We started sketching our own designs to see what everyone was thinking and then mixed them together.
The colors were pretty easy to determine, there wasn't a theme or anything but we didn't want to use too much color so we picked out 5 colors.
Overall, this collaboration effort opened us up a little bit more. Just a little bit of interaction with people we barely know and go to work with them can make us more confident and social beings than we already are.


Comments
Post a Comment